Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why Won't My Fantasy Football League Let Me Draft Moose?!?

Not to toot my own horn--I mean what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?--but I am having a decent run at fantasy football. Sure other dudes might know more about football but who is better at the cool, rational, scientific approach necessary to really master fantasy football than the guy with the science PhD? Sorry theater and film dudes, you don't have a prayer.

Anyway, this blog is about Moose, not me and my defending champion Goshen Grommets (champs last year and 2-1 so far this year, boom!). Time for my rant! Why can't I draft Moose? Why doesn't fantasy football acknowledge the most important part of football--the big heavies on the O-line?!? The prissy skill position players get all the glory and even kickers get drafted! At least the defensive players count for something but I can't remain silent while the O-line continues to get snubbed. I mean even if he doesn't score "points" or get "yardage" I should still be able to draft Moose. I would gladly take a weekly goose egg on the score sheet if it meant Moose could have a spot on my roster.

What should we do? Start a Facebook group: FFL's without O-linemen are weak!!!! Boycott ESPN's FFL? (Doh, it's free!) Maybe a letter campaign. Put any ideas for how we can rectify this systematic wrong in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment