Sunday, February 22, 2009

Did anyone watch the oscars?



While I usually sit in my parent's family room, munching on pizza and snacks and discussing pop-culture ins and outs during the yearly event, this year I've come to a sad conclusion.

I don't really care.

And that's not to say I don't care about who ultimately wins, I'll look up the winners so I can discuss them with the kids at school tomorrow, but I used to get really jazzed about seeing the show, and seeing who won and blah blah blah.

This year Mom and Dad are at the Celine Dion concert (I don't think they realized it was on Sunday when they bought the ticks) and Les and I decided just to stay home.

Over the years I've become more disenchanted with Hollywood patting itself on the back, the banality of the show, the awards going to the wrong actors or the wrong movies (Crash? Please...) and when 'The Dark Knight' was shunned for best picture I just tuned out. (I don't really think it would win, but c'mon, it deserved a mother-loving nomination)

So I hope the show was fun, and you folks who watched the glam and glitz had a good time.

Maybe they'll win me back next year.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever watched an entire Oscars--that makes me cool, unique and different in an iconoclastic way.

    ReplyDelete