Hey blogonauts, how's everybody doing? I just wanted to jot off a quick note to all and sundry so the blog doesn't wither up and blow away. A few highlights from Holmes.
1. Tomorrow we're having a turkducken for our department Thanksgiving feast. Boot yeah! (Doesn't boot yeah sound as cool, or cooler, than boo yeah?)
2. Last night Taliatha told me, "hey you have pecs." Maybe my old man strength is starting to come in. Farm chores, brutal winter winds and a steady diet of Holmestead eggs seems to be the trick.
3. Did you know it only costs $17.50 to shoot a deer on your own land. That's some cheap meat from the back porch. I've never been hunting (or huntin' as John Kerry would say) but I'm actually considering it. My bishop is setting up a blind in our woods this year. We'll see if he bags anything.
4. Go Cougs. Basketball is going to be sweet this year and here's hoping for a Ute smackdown on Saturday.
5. I'm teaching my first online class next semester. It seems too good to be true. "You mean I just set up a system where the computer does most of the work and I get the same pay?!?!" We had an investigator in Korea who was good at English. One night we were chatting on the phone and he said "With my power and the internet I can do anything." He repeated it a couple of times for emphasis. That's been one of my favorite phrases for chuckles the last 10 years, but it turns out the joke was on me because he was right!
6. Speaking of cool things you can do on the internet--you can get a weekly cleats-in-the-back + curby + TSA-pat-down whooping in fantasy football. I'm having a hard time adjusting to life in the cellar of the fantasy mansion, but hey Duerden needs company.
7. The annoy-a-tron is still beeping away in the chemistry cubicle but I haven't heard any complaints. I will have to sneak in and change the settings so it gives the more annoying beep.
8. It's time to rev up the chainsaw and get cutting more wood for the winter. It's hard to find something that beats running a saw with a nice sharp chain. Plus, it brings back memories of that dude at the Haunted Forest who chased Jed all over the place.
9. I am doing a Christmas Bird Count on Dec. 18. I haven't done one since 2002 or 2003 so I'm pretty much totally pumped--TOTALLY PUMPED!!!!!
10. Anyone else play in their ward's turkey bowls? I love going and playing football and then not being able to walk for the next two days.
Alright brohams, have a fantastic Thanksgiving.