Tuesday, January 19, 2010

John Stossel on Atlas Shrugged

Since Kirk is reading Atlas Shrugged, I thought he, and others, would appreciate this John Stossel program on the book and its recent surge in popularity. I read the book in high school and found it doctrinaire with flat, unrealistic characters--but I imagine time and experience would help me appreciate it more if I were to reread it. However, given its length (1000+) a reread is unlikely. But there's always The Fountainhead.

Here's the first of the six segments. I really like the BB&T president and his explanation of true self-interest. I also found his revelations about how his bank had TARP forced down its throat distrubing.


If that piqued your interest here's the rest.
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment